Monday, January 16, 2006

Fridge Photo Competition Winners

G'day. Spud has finally reappeared after his walkabout. I can't go into the details and its all rather unsavoury, to say the least. He may have to appear in court, that's all I'll say, especially if they ever locate the dresses and the didgeridoo.

He's obviously not in great shape, but has been able to judge the fridge piccy competition, as promised.

So...here they are.

We would like to thank all of you who responded to the tag, plus anyone else who posted a piccy of their fridge on their blogs. For all we know, there are now thousands of fridge photos on blogs throughout the world, but we can only judge the ones we know about.

So...here are the winners.

Before the announcement, we would just like to say how difficult it has been to do the judging. Spud can hardly see out of either eye, and has a big bump on his head where the Sheila hit him with the didgeridoo, which has made the judging particularly hard. Then there has been the general excellence of the fridges.

But Spud has managed to make the following decisions.

1. Most African Fridge:
Menzies Milngavie's fridge is a clear winner in this category. We have no idea what all those foods are, of course.

2. Busiest Fridge:
Heather's fridge is the winner. How she can find the amber nectar in that lot, we don't know. The co-winner is Eric, who shares the same fridge. Well done, you two.

3. Most Disgusting Object Found In Fridge:
Robbo, who found this in his fridge. Have you eaten it yet, Robbo?

4. Most Organised Fridge:
Lee Ann's fridge. We reckon she might even keep a computerised list of its contents, somewhere. Thank you, Lee Ann, for explaining what all of those things were that you keep in your fridge.

5. Tallest Fridge:
Jef's fridge. A giant amonst fridges.

6. The No Fridge, Fridge:
Titcho won this category. Its so cold where he lives that he just stashes his amber nectar in the polar bear's pantry.

7. Most Empty Fridge:
Morgs' fridge. You must be on a diet.

8. Fridge With The Most Roses Falling On It:
Princess's fridge. Spud says he feels dizzy after looking at it for too long.

9. Most Virtual Fridge:
Hotboy won this cetegory, which is for people who do not know how to post a piccy of a fridge on their blog.

10. FridgeWith Most useful Contents
This has to go to me, for Carslemane's fridge. Spud comments were "You had plenty XXXX, the vegemite and 'roo chunks. What else does anyone really need in their fridge?".

So thank you once again for your entries. If there are any we missed, please let us know. As you can see, we are very happy that EVERYONE'S A WINNER OF SOMETHING in the Fridge Photo Competition.

Strewth. Its nearly time for me dingo's breakfast.

12 Comments:

Blogger Edge said...

I WON!! I own the monster kid fridge!!!

How fun and a great idea!!!

~Jef

6:32 AM  
Blogger robmcj said...

Thank you. This award is a huge honour, not just for me, but also for the person who laid the turd in my fridge.

7:08 AM  
Blogger robmcj said...

Carsey, thanks for sending me the world map, it goes well with my fridge photo.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow, that is great! How did you know about my computerized list? haha
You are awesome...so diplomatic!

8:52 AM  
Blogger hotboy said...

It's fantastic to have won this. It reminds me of the royal family, and long may they reign over us. My fridge, being virtual, encompasses all desire, so must be a winner. Remember the webcam! Hotboy

9:43 AM  
Blogger ticharu said...

Thanks man... I've never won anything in my life, and I'm kinda choked up...

8:36 AM  
Blogger Menzies Milngavie III said...

My dear Carslemane,

What wonderful news. A truly magnificent accolade.

I am considering applying for heritage status for my fridge, and I accept this award on behalf of not only myself, my household and the inhabitants of Kalimbuka, but also the people of Africa.

I would like to thank the Polish makers of the fridge, ESCOM, who supply the power hereabouts without which it would not operate, Doviko, who stocked up the fridge with local produce, the pineapple growers of Mulanje, the matimati sellers in the market, the seed suppliers, and most of all, the distillers of Malawi Gin.

I would go on, but I am overcome with emotion.

MM III

5:11 AM  
Blogger hotboy said...

I just can't believe that I've beaten everyone. I think it's my narcissistic personality disorder checking in. I think I've won something. Yes, I have! Is there a ... prize? Hotboy

10:16 AM  
Blogger Morgan said...

I would like to thank Kroger for my Kroger plus card that allowed me to save on all the items you see in my fridge. And I would like to thank my employer for not paying me enough to fill my fridge. LOL! ;oD
morgs

4:01 AM  
Blogger Carslemane Foraix said...

G'day,

Yes Hotboy, as promised, and with no expense spared there is a wonderful prize of a Cat Empire CD. However, as there are ten winners, we will have to cut the CD into ten pieces. If you'd like to claim your piece, send an email to carslemane@yahoo.com.au with your name, address and a self-addressed envelope with an Aussie stamp on it. Alternately, see me in the Daly Waters Pub this Friday.

Actually, Spud and me are working on an alternate prize - a certificate which you can stick on your fridge to let it know it was a winner.

This may take us some time to produce.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Badoozie said...

wait, i want an award for something, please?

2:36 AM  
Blogger AnnieAngel said...

I WANT A STICKER!!!!!! PLEEEEAAASEEE!!!

I'd like to thank everyone who made it possible for me to win, especially the roses. I hope Spud didn't get too dizzy. ;)

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home