Saturday, November 19, 2005

You've been tagged

G'day.

Me mate Robbo says this is how you tag someone. So here it is. You've been tagged to write a couple of sentences of awful writing. For all you literary types, 'specially the two and froms, this shouldn't be difficult, I reckon.

If you want to get some good ideas, you can find them at the Bulwer-Lytton site.

Here's my example below, and I tag all the people I know who blog, (Hotboy, Robbo, and Mingin), which is not many cos Rick says I'm a social leper, plus Lee Ann, cos she's a good sport, Eric, Heather, and ticharu.

"I winsomly scanned the now-empty outback horizon where the dunny used to be situated, pondering the many wonderful dumps I'd taken there before some tosser blew it up with dynamite on Tuesday night. Who was the culprit?

It surely couldn't be Rick the Ringer, because now he'd have to build a new one. Was it narrow-eyed Tim who cooks us bonzo tukker every tea-time? Was it Hotboy the Living Saint, here on a fleeting visit from his cave on the UnHeard of Islands? Or was it that psychotic Cockney ex-safe blower Cedric? Who knows? All of them were obviously upset about the two-pound floater that'd been sitting there since the weekend, but which one had the means and determination to blow it sky-high?

I decided to investigate further by holding a web-based questionnaire, but first I'd have to ascertain the email addresses of all the sheep-shearers here on Walt Waters Station."

Good on yer.

6 Comments:

Blogger hotboy said...

I wil try this, but although I am an awfur, I cannot write. Still, I'll have a go. Hotboy p.s. Sunday Times ran a contest to write like Graham Greene. The winner was Graham Greene's brother, and Graham Greene came third.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Gee, this sounds even too challenging for my horrible literary skills. Must be time to brush up on them some more...

Thanks for the visit

10:30 AM  
Blogger robmcj said...

Most of my posts qualify already. But I'll have a fair go. Maybe not in your class.

2:14 PM  
Blogger ticharu said...

I got a lyric that might stand in for this exercise. It's pretty new and it's kind of a story... I'll go back and post it on up... It's called 'Happy'

3:56 PM  
Blogger Carslemane Foraix said...

G'day,

That's bonzo, you guys. Everyone here is looking forward to your attempts.

4:31 AM  
Blogger robmcj said...

Ticharu seems to be the favourite so far.

My own contribution has to be held over, to make room for tomorrow's genre-busting HNT.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home